For the latest information on COVID-19 travel restrictions in Queensland, click here.
Palm BeachGold Coast Suburb Profile
This southern beach side suburb has managed to remain that little bit out of the way of the Gold Coast and delightfully less developed than some of its neighbouring suburbs.
With excellent surf and a beautiful stretch of coast Palm Beach is very popular for surfers up and down the coast. The picnic facilities down by the beach make for a great spot for families and can be quite busy on weekends and holidays.
Close to the CBD and other main attractions of the Gold Coast, Palm Beach is an ideal living location with a range of home styles to choose from. On the seaward side of the Gold Coast Highway are oceanfront homes ranging from the modest to the extravagance of the suburb’s own millionaire’s row on Jefferson Lane. On the inland side of the Highway water-front homes are available in the canal estates.
The area is very popular with young families for its relaxed atmosphere with close proximity to major shopping, beaches and the increasing cafe culture.
Palm Beach Schools & Education
- Palm Beach State School
- Palm Beach Currumbin State High
Sporting Facilities in Palm Beach
Palm Beach Olympic Pool
Providing an indoor, heated hydrotherapy pool as well as an Olympic 50 metre lap pool, kids and training pools, the Palm Beach Pool also offers a gym and squash courts.
Address: Thrower Dr, Palm Beach
Phone: 07 5534 4188
Tally Valley Golf Club
An enjoyable course that’s open to the public with the staff being reputed for consistent good service.
Address: 335 Guineas Creek Rd, Elanora
Phone: 07 5533 9121
Palm Beach Shopping Districts
- 19th Avenue Shopping Village
- Palm Beach-Currumbin Private Hospital
- Palm Beach Family Practice
- Palm Beach Medical Centre
- Palm Beach Community Health Centre
- Palm Beach Specialist Centre
- Lakeside Family Medical Centre
Palm Beach Retirement
Blue Care Pineshaven Aged Care Facility
- Offers everything from low care all the way up to secure dementia care.
- With secure gardens, a chapel, café/kiosk, hairdressing salon and a bus service the facility provides as much freedom as possible.
- Phone: 07 5534 5433, 17 Applecross Way, Elanora
Images courtesy Tourism & Events Queensland, Tourism Australia, Destination Gold Coast & Getty Images