For the latest information on COVID-19 travel restrictions in Queensland, click here.
Burleigh HeadsGold Coast Suburb Profile
South from the bustling suburbs of Surfers and Broadbeach lies the family friendly suburb of Burleigh Heads. Known for its laid back atmosphere, Burleigh is home to the Gold Coast’s best beaches, stacks of family friendly areas including local markets, BBQ and picnic areas along the beachfront promenade, and a beautiful national park with walking trails.
Burleigh isn’t just a sleepy town though, head west and you’ll find a major shopping district and industrial hub, with numerous manufacturing, mechanical, wholesale and engineering business.
Burleigh Schools & Education
- Burleigh Heads State School
- Caningeraba Primary School (Burleigh Waters)
- Varsity Prep & Junior School
- Miami State School
- Miami State High School
- Palm Beach Currumbin High
- Varsity Middle & Senior School
- Marymount Primary & College
- Kings Christian College
- Hillcrest Christian College
Premier indoor sports, fitness and recreation facility. Home of Inflatable World.
Address: 3 Fremantle Street, West Burleigh
Phone: 07 5593 5346
Paramount Indoor Rock Climbing
Featuring 850 square metres of wall space and over 11 metres of vertical height.
Address: 38 Hutchinson St, West Burleigh
Phone: 07 5593 6919
Indoor trampoline park
Address: 5 Sunlight Drive, Burleigh Waters
Phone: 07 5659 1321
Burleigh West Golf Driving Range
Address: 150 Tallebudgera Creek Rd, West Burleigh
Phone: 07 5534 9900
Burleigh Palms Golf Club
Semi-private course, but there are opportunities for non-members to play
Address: 234 Tallebudgera Creek Rd, Tallebudgera
Phone: 07 5533 9121
Burleigh Golf Club
In it's 60th anniversary year, Burleigh Golf Club is a private members golf club offering first class golfing and clubhouse facilities whilst catering for golfers of all standards.
Address: Cnr Albion & Bardon Avenue, Miami
Phone: 07 5572 8266
Burleigh Shopping Districts
- Stocklands Shopping Centre
- Treetops Plaza
- James St Precinct – boutique shopping and cafes
- Village Markets – at Burleigh Heads State School, first and third Sunday of each month
- Burleigh Beachfront Markets – The Esplanade, last Sunday of each month
- 167 bed facility for low, high and special care needs
- Recently rebuilt with fully furnished rooms, activities program, library, medical, hairdresser and landscaped tropical gardens
- Phone: 07 5507 0800, 20 Matilda St Burleigh Heads
Images courtesy Tourism & Events Queensland, Tourism Australia, Destination Gold Coast & Getty Images