CurrumbinGold Coast Suburb Profile
Thanks to the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary and the difficulty of building on its steep hillsides, Currumbin displays more natural vegetation than most areas of the Gold Coast providing beautiful views from the beach headlands.
The Wildlife Sanctuary has been operating for more than 60 years, home to diverse range of Australian wildlife and renowned for their lorikeet feedings. With the highway skirting around the rear of Currumbin, a quaint backwater is created, somewhat cut off from the commercial development of the main strip.
The surfing site ‘Currumbin Alley’, formed on the bar of Currumbin Creek, is a spot particularly favoured by long boarders, while further up the creek the Currumbin Rock Pools are a popular swimming hole for the locals.
Fishing is a common recreation on the creek with surrounding picnic areas and barbecue facilities making for great weekends. In the glitz of the Gold Coast, Currumbin is a natural hideaway. If you're planning on visiting the Gold Coast and would like to avoid the touristy scene of Surfers or Broadbeach, search for accommodation in Currumbin.
Currumbin Schools & Education
- Elanora State School
- Palm Beach State School
- Currumbin Primary School
- Elanora State High School
- Palm Beach Currumbin State High
- St Augustine’s Parish Primary School
Sporting Facilities in Currumbin
Currumbin Tennis Club Inc.
The club has been established for over 75 years and readily welcomes new members.
Address: Currumbin Creek Road, Currumbin
Phone: 07 5534 1718
Merv Craig Sports Complex
Rugby League sports fields with picnic shelters available.
Address: 26 Galleon Way, Currumbin Waters
Golf Courses in Currumbin
Tallebudgera Golf Course
Only a 10 minute drive from Tugun, this former dairy farm has become a an 18 hole course for members and the general public.
Address: 495 Guineas Creek Rd, Tallebudgera
Phone: 07 5524 4544
Currumbin Shopping Districts
- Currumbin Fair Shopping Centre
- Currumbin Medical Centre
- Currumbin Galleon Way Medical Centre
- The Palm Beach Currumbin Clinic
Galleon Gardens Retirement Community
- Offers 45 independent villas, 15 services apartments, 55 low care suites, a 50 bed high care facility and a 20 bed special care unit so you can enter into whatever level of care is right for you.
- Only a short stroll down to peaceful Currumbin Creek and a few minutes’ drive from shopping, beaches and sports clubs in the area.
- Phone: 07 5507 8300, 126-138 Galleon Way, Currumbin Waters
Images courtesy Tourism & Events Queensland, Tourism Australia, Destination Gold Coast & Getty Images