Mermaid BeachGold Coast Suburb Profile
Mermaid Beach and Waters are in a prime location, managing to maintain a quiet, beachside atmosphere cut off from the high rises of Surfers Paradise while still being conveniently close to the hub of the city.
The beach at Mermaid is lovely and quiet while the Mermaid Beach Tavern is a popular drinking hole and particularly lively on a Friday night. A short walk down the shore line is Nobby Beach with all its cafes and restaurants overlooking the surf. Mermaid Beach accommodation ranges from the multimillion dollar mansions to the older fibro beach shacks that are quickly being snapped up for their land value.
Mermaid Waters is a serenely tranquil suburb, primarily made up of homes built along a series of artificial canals and lakes creating beautiful waterfront views.
The Mermaid area is so close to Miami and Broadbeach that all the major attractions of Gold Coast city are a hop skip and a jump away while still allowing residents to enjoy being just that little bit out of the way.
Mermaid Schools & Education
- Mermaid Beach Primary School
- Miami State School
- Merrimac State High School
Mermaid Recreation & Things To Do
Putt Putt Golf
Address: 2492 Gold Coast Highway, Mermaid Beach
Phone: 07 5575 3381
The dining scene has also come of age in the last few years with some of the Gold Coast's best restaurants lining the Gold Coast Highway. From favourites including Etsu Izakaya, Bonita Bonita, The Glenelg Public House, Mandala, Little Truffle Dining Room & Bar and plenty more, you're spoilt for choice at Mermaid. The area is also in close proximity to everything Broadbeach has to offer, as well Nobby's Beach and Miami.
Mermaid Beach Shopping Districts
- Waterways Shopping Village
- Q Super Centre
- The Mermaid Shopping Centre
- Mermaid Waters Shopping Centre
- Pacific Fair is also on Mermaid's doorstep
Mermaid Beach Medical Facilities
- Mermaid Beach Medical Centre
- Mermaid Central Medical Clinic
- Mermaid Junction Medical Centre
- Waterways Medical Centre
The area gets its name from the cutter ship ‘Mermaid’ that John Oxley used to discover the region in 1823. Oxley named the area when he landed at Mermaid Beach.
Mermaid Beach & Mermaid Waters Retirement
Blue Care Lakeside Village
- Located on the banks of Lake Intrepid, Blue Care is walking distance to Pacific Fair Shopping Centre and a short drive to Gold Coast attractions like Jupiter’s Casino, RSL, Surf Clubs and major golf courses, all with the convenience of low home maintenance and village security.
- Address: 1-3 Aquila Court, Mermaid Waters
- Phone: 1800 990 446
- Website: www.bluecare.org.au/find-blue-care/445/blue-care-lakeside-village-retirement-living-
Mermaid Beach Aged Care Residence
- Providing high care accommodation with private rooms, this state of the art residence features spacious communal areas and a range of services while being close to public transport.
- Address: 2424 Gold Coast Highway, Mermaid Beach
- Phone: 07 5554 7300
- Website: tricare.com.au/aged-care-locations/mermaid-beach-aged-care-residence
Images courtesy Tourism & Events Queensland, Tourism Australia, Destination Gold Coast & Getty Images