KirraGold Coast Neighbourhood
Kirra is a relaxed little beach area within the suburb of Coolangatta and is only minutes from the Gold Coast Airport. Kirra Point, the small, rocky headland separating Kirra Beach from Coolangatta is known to be one of the world’s best surf breaks and attracts surfers from all over the Gold Coast.
There is a quaint little strip of shops that feature a couple of cafes with views out across that beach. Walking paths venture all along the foreshore and connect with the neighbouring suburbs, popular for early morning walks as the sun is rising over the sea.
A perfect little beach haven, Kirra offers residents the peace and tranquillity of a small coastal town with the convenience of living near the Gold Coast city centre.
Kirra Schools & Education
Golf Courses in Kirra
Kirra is only a 5km walk or drive from the Coolangatta & Tweed Heads Golf Course which has 2 championship courses. Of these 2 courses, the River Course has even been voted in the Top 25 Public Courses in Australia by Golf Australia Magazine.
Kirra Medical Facilities
- Coolangatta Family Medical Centre
- Showcase Medical Centre
- John Flynn Hospital at Tugun
Kirra Shopping Districts
- Showcase Shopping Centre, Coolangatta
- Centro Tweed Mall Shopping Centre
Domain Kirra Beach
- Provides homely accommodation that includes dining and lounge areas and private courtyards.
- Only a short distance from the beach.
- Phone: 07 5536 2766, 6-10 Ocean St, Kirra
Blue Care Kirrahaven Aged Care Facility
- Residential care from low care hostels all the way up to dementia and respite care.
- Includes Pastoral Care and Chaplaincy.
- Phone: 07 5589 8888, 5 Appel St, Kirra
Images courtesy Tourism & Events Queensland, Tourism Australia, Destination Gold Coast & Getty Images