Gold Coast Car Hire
The Gold Coast's public transport system is adequate for getting between your apartment and the nearest giant shopping centre, but if you really want to get out and enjoy the Gold Coast like a local, you're going to have to hire a car at some stage. Places like Tedder Avenue in Main Beach, out-of-the-way beaches like The Spit, any attraction not on the Gold Coast highway, and most importantly, the beautiful Hinterland are not easily accessible by bus. Taxis will take you wherever you want to go, but when car rental prices start from around $23 a day, it's usually cheaper (and more practical) to have your own vehicle. The Gold Coast road system is easy to navigate and well sign-posted, so finding your way around won't be difficult. Although, now days iPhones and personal GPS has made navigating your way around new cities easy.
If you're interested in doing a day trip around the Coast read our guide to Gold Coast scenic drives for some ideas (the back road through the Numinbah Valley to Murwillumbah is breathtaking), otherwise, grab some keys and head off into the sun.
VroomVroomVroom Car Hire - No Booking Fees
Compare car hire prices from the major rental companies including Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz & Thrifty in one easy system with VroomVroomVroom and hire direct from the rental provider!
Find the cheapest price guaranteed (see Vrooms Price Promise) with no booking or cancellation fee, with cars available from virtually any airport in Australia. Vroom's suppliers also provide a 24 hour a day emergency breakdown service with many last minute deals. One-way bookings are also welcomed.
To start your search, type in your location below - you can include the Gold Coast Airport, or if you already have arranged an airport transfer you can also pick up your rental car from a number of locations on the Gold Coast - see our list of car rental depots below.
- Avis - Cnr Ferny & Cypress Ave, Surfers Paradise
- Budget - Cnr Ferny & Palm Ave, Surfers Paradise
- Europcar - 3031 Surfers Paradise Blvd, Surfers Paradise
- Thrifty - Cnr Enderly Ave & Surfers Parade, Surfers Paradise
Gold Coast Airport
- The Gold Coast Airport is home to Avis, Hertz, Budget, Europecar, Thrifty and Redspot, located in the arrivals terminal.
- Hertz - 28 Machinery Dve, Tweed
- Budget - 69 Minjungbal Drive, South Tweed Heads
- Hertz - 76-80 Ferry Rd, Southport
- Budget - 32 Central Park Ave, Ashmore
- Avis - 3 Lawrence Drive, Nerang