Dreamworld & WhiteWater World
Dreamworld is home to the tallest and fastest thrill rides, stacks of family rides, live interactive shows and unique animal attractions, including the Australian Wildlife Experience and Tiger Island.
An Australian first, the new DreamWorks Experience precinct let’s you explore the medieval town of Faire Faire Away, escape to the jungles of Madagascar Madness and visit Po’s Garden, with newly themed rides, shows and entertainment.
One of the Gold Coast's best and favourite theme parks amongst locals, Dreamworld is one park you'll never forget! There's so much to see and do at Dreamworld & WhiteWater World that you might have to come back - getting a World Pass is the most affordable way to get the most out of the theme parks.
Dreamworld, so many worlds in one!
Rides, rides, and more rides
Experience the Big 9 Thrill Rides! Dreamworld is home to some of the tallest, fastest and action packed rides in the world with spins, twists, dives and incredible speeds and heights making for a very fun-filled day for young and old!
Adrenaline junkies will want to test their metal by braving each of the Big 8 thrill rides:
- BuzzSaw (new) - Seated in an open carriage, you will be held in a single waist harness with little to cling on to. This white-knuckle ride starts with a suspenseful 46m vertical ascent that will have you instantly wishing you were back on the ground.
- The Claw - Sink your talons into some real terror on Dreamworld’s latest scream machine. You'll be propelled 9 stories high, swinging up to 75km/h while spinning 360 degrees on this giant Gyro Swing. It will scare you to shreds!
- Tail Spin - Prepare for a takeoff like never before - you'll be strapped in to one of twelve mini aeroplanes that soar to a whopping 72 feet. Grab the controls for some pumping air tricks or sit back for the scenic ride.
- Wipeout - Get ready for five minutes of being spun, twisted and tumbled through a body-wrenching range of dumping breakers. The Wipeout is framed by a giant crashing wave and is the mother of all tidal waves.
- Pandamonium (new) - a ride that has a split personality! Thrill seekers will go round and round, side to side and upside down at up to 3.8 G-forces. Soaring 8 metres high under the watchful eyes of the mighty dragon, only true thrill seekers will be able to outlast these 150 seconds of kung-furios pandemonium.
- Tower of Terror II - Test the tonsils on one of the fastest coasters in the world. The Tower's electro-magnetically powered 'Escape Pod' accelerates its passengers to a massive 160 kph in seven seconds before it climbs to almost 38 storeys high
- The Giant Drop - Listed as the tallest vertical free-fall ride in the world (119 metres) in the Guiness Book of World Records. Plummet back to Earth at terminal speed. It’s the closest thing you’ll get to jumping out of a plane!
- Mick Doohan's Motocoaster - Dreamworld has teamed up with one of the greatest names in motorbike racing history - five time 500cc World Champion and World Record Holder Mick Doohan - to bring the thrill and exhilaration of motoracing to the masses with Australia’s first motorbike rollercoaster.
- Hot Wheels SideWinder - One of the tallest, high speed gravity rollercoasters in the Southern Hemisphere. Speed through a reverse sidewinder and 360 degree loop over 13 stories of revved up, heart thumping fun!
There's no other theme park in the country with more rides in one spot, each as unique as the next. They do each come with their own height, weight and age restrictions, so make sure to refer to the individual signage displayed at each ride.
Adventure lovers need not look further than Dreamworld to get their pulses pumping!
Family Friendly Attractions
If falling from the sky at unreasonable heights isn't your thing, there are a number of great family rides at Dreamworld that everyone will enjoy.
There's the classics like Rocky Hollow Log Ride and Thunder River Rapids where you can expect to get splashed here and there (something the kids always love), as well as the Reef Diver and Shockwave rides which have a 'moderate' thrill rating.
For a thrill with skill, check out Australia’s only perpetual wave ride at FlowRider, put yourself in the driver’s seat at REDLINE and then dodge, duck and defend as you fight for your life in an immersive combat experience that’s Alien vs. Predator vs. You!
There are so many activities available at Dreamworld (apart from the rides) that will delight the entire family, from wildlife experiences, the Big Brother house and Tiger Island, plus entire world's dedicated to youngins:
A world for kids...
For the littlies, Wiggles World is the only place to toot toot chugga chugga in the Big Red Car and meet Wiggles Friends every single day.
There's Dorothy's Rosy Tea Cup Ride, step aboard the SS Feathersword and visit The Fun Spot for educational games and music, plus a chance to meet Henry the Octopus, Wags the Dog and all the Wiggle's favourites.
Dreamworks Animation Precinct
The recently launched Dreamworks Animation precinct has opened with it some amazing new rides and attractions featuring everyone's favourite characters from Shrek, Madgascar and Kung Fu Panda.
There's Madagascar Madness which features King Julien's Theatre in the Wild, the Mad Jungle Jam and a 20 minute performance of Madagascar Live: Prepare to Party.
Kung Fu Panda: Land of Awesomeness is another fantastic area for kids, with a Kung Fu academy, bumper cars and the new Pandamonium ride. Next take a stroll over to Shrek's Faire Faire Away medieval world with four rides and plenty of photo ops with characters from the movies.
Nature lovers can take a walk on the wild side at The Australian Wildlife Experience, home to over 800 native animals and birds. There's crocodile feeding, koala cuddling, Tasmanian Devil experiences and a number of enclosures that are designed to replicate Australian habitats, including the Outback, Daintree Rainforest and Kakadu Wetlands.
Come face to face with rare Bengal and Sumatran tigers as they play, wrestle and swim at Tiger Island. Go on a walk with adult or cub tigers and pat them while you chat to their trainers, and if you're feeling particularly adventurous, you can hand feed these beautiful creatures at a cost of only $55 on top of your normal ticket price.
Slide in for the ride of your life at the Gold Coast’s coolest water park, WhiteWater World! Just a hop, skip and a splash from Dreamworld, combining adrenaline pumping thrills with family style fun in the ultimate Aussie beach paradise.
WhiteWater World boasts some of the hottest waterslides on the planet including one of only two LIM powered rocket coasters in the world and the only eight-lane Octopus Racer in existence.
Experience thrill slides The Bro, the Super Tubes HydroCoaster or power slide, The Wedgie. If that's not your thing then splash and play in Wiggle Bay or chill out in a tube at the Cave of Waves.
Theme Park Details
The World Pass is the one ticket you need to get you into the best theme parks in one great location! The World Pass lets you hop between Dreamworld & WhiteWater World as often as you like, over 1 or 21 days. Buy a World Pass here.
Dreamworld is open 10am to 5pm except Christmas Day (25 December) and ANZAC Day. Hours may be extended during school holidays.
WhiteWater World is open 10am to 4pm (minimum) except Christmas Day (25 December) and ANZAC Day. Hours extended during summer.
How To Get There
Dreamworld is located at the northern end of the Gold Coast, on the Pacific Highway (M1) Coomera, 17 kilometres (20 minutes) north of Surfers Paradise and 48 kilometres (40 minutes) south of Brisbane. There are many transport options to Dreamworld, including bus, coach, rail, car and helicopter transfers.
What kind of theme park would it be if it didn't cater to the kids? Dreamworld is suitable for children of all ages, with all appropriate facilities including parent rooms, shaded eating and play areas and strollers for hire. Plus there's Wiggles World and a stack of family friendly rides.
There is access for guests with a disability.
There are height restrictions on major thrill rides. Children under one year are not permitted on any rides. Children under four years must be accompanied by an adult on all suitable rides. See the full list of park guidelines here.
SkyPoint Observation Deck & Climb
Australia’s only beachside observation deck, located in the heart of one of the world’s favourite holiday hot spots has been transformed from a room with a view to an exciting and educational tourism experience to showcase the destination. SkyPoint, located in the iconic Q1 Tower, is a must-see for all visitors and the perfect location to start your Gold Coast adventure. Boasting Australia’s only beachside observation deck and highest open air building climb, this unique destination offers spectacular 360 degree views from up to 270m in the air, sumptuous food and drinks, plus an exciting and educational tourism experience.
SkyPoint Observation Deck is a celebration of the Gold Coast’s history, culture and tourism treasures. The attraction promotes the lifestyle and the entire spectrum of experiences available on the Gold Coast.
Located 230 metres above the ground, SkyPoint boasts:
- One of the fastest elevators in the world taking you from ground to Level 77 in just 42.7 seconds
- A mini museum in the sky providing guests with a wealth of facts and information to plan the ultimate Gold Coast adventure
- SkyPoint Weather Station presented by the Bureau of Meteorology including a live feed of the local weather radar and interactive weather information
- Surf Lifesaving Queensland display, educating guests on official surf and sun safety, reading the flags and providing vital patrol information to guests
- Surf World display, showcasing the evolution of surfing, its culture and recreation
- SkyPoint theatrette presenting “The Birth of Paradise” - a fifteen minute rollercoaster ride on our flamboyant and colourful history
SkyPoint Observation Deck is open from 9am to 9pm Sunday to Thursday and 9am to midnight every Friday and Saturday night.