Gold Coast Workplace Forum 2013
As part of the specialised service that we offer Employers and HR professionals, Aitken Legal is holding its second Workplace Forum for the Gold Coast.
This will be held on Friday 2 November 2012 at the Gold Coast Convention & Exhibition Centre.
As an Employer or HR professional it is vital that you are well informed and keep up to date with Employment Laws. The Workplace Forum will inform you of your obligations and the potential risks under current Employment Laws.
Headlining the event this year is SENATOR ERIC ABETZ, LEADER OF THE OPPOSITION IN THE SENATE, SHADOW MINISTER FOR EMPLOYMENT AND WORKPLACE RELATIONS who will be presenting on the Opposition's views on Workplace Relations moving toward the Federal election. Also speaking this year is NICK WILSON, FAIR WORK OMBUDSMAN, who will be identifying key areas of risk for employers.
The Forum is a full day conference covering:
- Senator Eric Abetz - Workplace Relations - The Opposition's Perspective;
- Federal Magistrate Whelan - Unlawful termination and adverse action claims
- Nick Wilson, FWO - The Fair Work Ombudsman's view on major compliance issues;
- Commissioner Asbury, FWA - Unfair Dismissal - Valid Reason and Procedural Fairness;
- Paul Goldsbrough, Workplace Health & Safety QLD - Workplace Health & Safety Act - key lessons for employers almost 12 months on;
- John Merrell, Barrister - Implementing change in your business; and
- Mark Bunch, Partner - Responding to workplace grievances and best practice investigations.
Great topics with great speakers. This is a MUST for Employers and HR professionals.
To view the full progam, information brochure and register for this event, please click here.