World-class performers and speakers are coming together for a fun, informative event to help save the lives of Aussie wildlife on the Gold Coast.
The 17th annual Animal Action event will be at the Mermaid Waters Hotel on the Gold Coast on Sunday, November 19, from 10am to 5pm.
This is going to be AWESOME!
Check out this line-up...
World-class PERFORMERS including:
* Keith Potger - founding member of The Seekers
* Singer/ songwriter/ entertainer Lesyah Malveen
* The Broadbeach & northern Gold Coast U3A ukulele group
* Country singer/ songwriter Tyson Colman
* Singer guitarist Xanthe Lees
* MC/ Animal Action Events founder Aldwyn Altuney
* City of Gold Coast Councillor for Division 11 and Chair of the Lifestyle and Community Committee Hermann Vorster will speak about what City of Gold Coast is doing to help our wildlife
* Aussie Wildlife founder Jenni Abbott will share about her charity in Nerang and what people can do to save our injured, orphaned or abandoned wildlife
* Internationally acclaimed author of Swan Song/ multi award-winning Land of the Free producer Lynn Santer will speak about her new book Swan Song and amazing work standing to end trophy hunting of endangered animals globally
* Brisbane animal-human relationship enricher/ author Annie Bourke will speak about Rescuing the Rescues
* Ipswich resident Jill Prior (aka nurse Jilly from Kitchen GP) will share her story of rescuing a wedgetail eagle in Esk earlier this year.
There will also be face painting by Painted Faces and yoga teacher Sonali Johri will do a Calming Breathwork Stretch Session on the day.
+ LOTS MORE
The first 25 people to attend the event will receive the world's best-selling calendar (another Gold Coast icon) - an Australian Firefighters Calendar.
Everyone is donating their time and prizes.
All proceeds will go to help Aussie Wildlife, which cares for displaced, orphaned, injured and abandoned wildlife.
Animal Action Events founder/ AA Xposé Media Director/ Photojournalist Aldwyn Altuney said the event marked the 17th annual Animal Action event to raise awareness, appreciation and respect for all animals.
The world’s first Animal Action Day was founded on the Gold Coast in 2007. The events are held annually and raise funds for different animal charities each year.
The event aims to encourage people to take action for animals, even in small ways. You can do this by making healthy choices while shopping – buying cruelty-free; reducing your consumption of animal products or becoming vegetarian or vegan. You can also write to your local, state or federal elected rep to convey views on animal protection; volunteer with animal organisations; write a letter to the editor of your local papers; recycle and compost at home and express concerns to food companies and supermarkets that are involved in sustaining animal suffering.
“Together, we can all make a difference for animals and the environment,” Aldwyn said.
Thousands of dollars in prizes will be up for grabs in the raffle and light refreshments will be served throughout the day.
Tickets include hot & cold platters, all the entertainment, access to great deals at the stalls and chance to win a lucky door prize. Drinks can be purchased in the private function room.
Super early bird and early bird rates are available now!
See you there to a fantastic community event, helping a great cause :)