Gold Coast Suburb Profile - Runaway Bay
Runaway Bay is primarily a waterfront suburb, with most homes having canal access. The homes along the canal vary from large mansions to more less imposing one story, family friendly pads.
The eastern boundary is the Broadwater and these beaches are protected from the Ocean by South Stradbroke Island.
All of these factors make Runaway Bay a prestigious area for boaties. Where else on the Gold Coast can you access the Broadwater and the Seaway in just 3 minutes?
The area is not only popular with boating enthusiasts as it is also located to major shopping centres, great restaurants and pretty parkland.
Runaway Bay Retirement
Paradise Lakes Resort
- Over 50s
- Resales from $160 000
Paradise Lakes Nursing Centre
- Low and High care facilities
- Residents must be assessed by Ace Care Assessment Team
Runaway Bay Village
- 144 independent and living units - $160 000 to $365 000
- 49 serviced apartments - $109 000
- Runaway Bay Nursing Centre is located onsite
Sunny Ridge Gardens
- Free hold title
- 37 two units, s.l.u.g., community centre, pool & guestroom
- $249,000 to $290,000
Runaway Bay Education
There are a number of private and State schools within close proximity to Runaway Bay.
- St Francis Xavier - Catholic