Gold Coast Suburb Profile - Ashmore
Ashmore is a popular, older and well established suburb built on rolling hills and surrounded by elderly trees. Due to its elevated location, some Ashmore homes can enjoy views to the beach and ocean and back towards the Hinterland.
Ashmore is just that little bit removed from the hustle and bustle of the Gold Coast yet it is so opportunely centered near the beach, shopping centres, CBD, retail precincts and M1 and rail links.
The suburb definitely has a strong community feel which is concentrated on family life which is seen in the numerous parks, gardens, schools and sporting facilities. There is also a large amount of older residents in the area, which is helped by the great retirement facilities located in Ashmore.
The strong sense of community is present in Ashmore as you drive the streets you are privy to the many Community Centres and sporting grounds. The Gold Coast Youth Orchestra Centre is located on Community Drive and is home to the Gold Coast Philharmonic Orchestra, Gold Coast City Choir, Youth Choir, Banana Blenders and Rhapsody Music.
The Domain Retirement Country Club
- Independent living & service apartments
- Villas from $180 000 to $500 000
- Wonderful club house and restaurant
- Swimming pool
- Friendly, happy environment
- 117 units
- Free hold strata-tile 2 bedroom resales from $175 000
- Aged care facility
- 90 beds
- 27 community care packages
- 5 respite rooms
- Guardian Angel's - Catholic
- St Kevin's - Catholic
- Keebra Park
- St Hilda's - Anglican girls pre school to Year 12
- The Southport School - Anglican boys pre school to Year 12
- Trinity - Lutheren
- Emmanuel - Interdenominational
- Aquinas - Catholic
- Griffith University Gold Coast campus is located 5 minutes away in neighbouring Parkwood
- Gold Coast Institute of TAFE
- 18 hole
- par 72
- Two courses available
- home of the Australian Ladies Masters
- Wonderful clubhouse and pro shop
Ashmore has two fantastic retail precincts - Ashmore Plaza Shopping Centre and Ashmore City Shopping Centre. Both of these centres are ideal for your weekly shopping needs - whether it be groceries, pharmaceuticals or even gifts.
Ashmore is also very close to surrounding places like Benowa Gardens and Southport Park. They are also close to the large retail shopping centres like Pacific and Australia Fair.
Ashmore Medical Facilities
- Ashmore City Medicare Centre
- Pindarra Private Hospital
- Pacific and Wesley Private Hospitals