Gold Coast Suburb Profile - Mermaid Beach
Mermaid Beach and Waters are in a prime location, managing to maintain a quiet, beachside atmosphere cut off from the high rises of Surfers Paradise while still being conveniently close to the hub of the city.
The beach at Mermaid is lovely and quiet while the Mermaid Beach Tavern is a popular drinking hole and particularly lively on a Friday night. A short walk down the shore line is Nobby Beach with all its cafes and restaurants overlooking the surf. Mermaid Beach accommodation ranges from the multimillion dollar mansions to the older fibro beach shacks that are quickly being snapped up for their land value.
Mermaid Waters is a serenely tranquil suburb, primarily made up of homes built along a series of artificial canals and lakes creating beautiful waterfront views.
The Mermaid area is so close to Miami and Broadbeach that all the major attractions of Gold Coast city are a hop skip and a jump away while still allowing residents to enjoy being just that little bit out of the way.
Mermaid Beach & Mermaid Waters Retirement
Blue Care Lakeside Village
- Located on the banks of Lake Intrepid, Blue Care is walking distance to Pacific Fair Shopping Centre and a short drive to Gold Coast attractions like Jupiter’s Casino, RSL, Surf Clubs and major golf courses, all with the convenience of low home maintenance and village security.
- Address: 1-3 Aquila Court, Mermaid Waters
- Phone: 1800 990 446
- Website: www.bluecare.org.au/Our-Locations/Centre-Details/445-Blue-Care-Lakeside-Village-Retirement-Living-.aspx
Mermaid Beach Aged Care Residence
- Providing high care accommodation with private rooms, this state of the art residence features spacious communal areas and a range of services while being close to public transport.
- Address: 2424 Gold Coast Highway, Mermaid Beach
- Phone: 07 5554 7300
- Website: Tricare.com.au/aged_care/location?goldcoast&k=merm
Mermaid Schools & Education
- Mermaid Beach Primary School
- Miami State School
- Merrimac State High School
Golf Courses in Mermaid Beach & Mermaid Waters
While there are no golf courses in Mermaid Beach/Waters, there are a number of excellent golf courses less than a 10 minute drive away.
There is however Putt Putt Golf at Mermaid Beach, offering 3 different themed 18 hole courses; Jungle Trail, Fun Run and Waterways. It’s a great place for families of young and old.
Address: 2492 Gold Coast Highway,
Phone: 07 5575 3381
Mermaid Beach & Mermaid Waters Shopping Districts
- Waterways Shopping Village
- Q Super Centre
- The Mermaid Shopping Centre
- Mermaid Waters Shopping Centre
Mermaid Beach & Mermaid Waters Medical Facilities
- Mermaid Beach Medical Centre
- Mermaid Central Medical Clinic
- Mermaid Junction Medical Centre
- Waterways Medical Centre
The area gets its name from the cutter ship ‘Mermaid’ that John Oxley used to discover the region in 1823. Oxley named the area when he landed at Mermaid Beach.